Wednesday, September 22, 2010

We are God's workmanship created in Christ Jesus

Last night in the Columbiana Jail the enemy was stirred up. I preached to 6-8 inmates while 40+ walked, talked, played cards, beat their shoes on the wall, a fight broke out, disrupting the whole concentration of the few listening to the gospel. One inmate got up from the table and said he was done. Everybody can just go to hell. I was overwhelmed, and felt mighty ineffective. I was feeling like I had done no good for anybody. I preached and taught, and prayed, and laughed, and love on them as best I could. Still the uproar of all this confusion was more than I had experienced to date. Upon leaving an inmate ask me - Bro. Eddie when are you coming back? Wow. Encouragement flowed thru me right then. I thru my shoulders back and said Next week the Lord be willing. Keep on the firing line ya'll, and never quit. Love you all in Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
Chelsea, Alabama, United States
We are Eddie and Linda Burchfield. I am an Ordained evangelist preaching the Word of God at churches, jails, the radio and where ever I am. I love the Lord and desire to reach as many as I can for Jesus. Linda sings and plays piano, I play Guitar and sing a little also. There is nothing better than to feel heaven come down and glory fill your soul. I want everybody to feel that same thing. Freedom in Christ.

Search This Blog

Followers